His milestones this month have been lifting his head higher and higher every day, paying more attention to lights and sounds, such as music and the TV, and he has just recently started "baby talk". He has also started to get into a routine of sleep and everyday activities. He wakes up anywhere between 6-8am, gets a diaper change and eats. Swings in his Momma Roo for about 15-30 minutes followed by bath time. After he is ready for the day he relaxes in his Boppy lounger while I shower and get ready and sometimes if I'm lucky he will take a little snooze while lounging. He naps 2-3 times per day, starting between 9-11am, 12-2pm and if we are lucky in the late afternoon early evening. His naps are anywhere between 1 and 1/2 to 3 hours long. His bedtime is anywhere between 9-12pm and usually wakes around 2-3am for a diaper change and feeding. We mostly get an average of 6-8hrs of sleep nightly, which is just great for me (what more could I ask for with a newborn!) He nurses several times daily and usually on both sides. He is a little piggy! He is now starting to fit into 3-6 month clothing! TOO BIG TOO FAST!
His one month visit went very well! He is 11 lbs 2 oz and 23 inches long. He is weighing in the 75th percentile and measuring in the 90th percentile. He actually fell asleep during his appointment, the nurse and I were giggling because he was sleeping the whole time I undressed him, when he was getting weighed and measured and while we waited for the doctor to come in (his appointment was during his morning nap time). He is a good sleeper...what can I say! The doctor said he is having a little bit of a hard time digesting dairy products so I am on a strict diet of no dairy for the next 6 months since he is breast feeding only. He is also starting tummy time now, so we will be able to use the play mat we had received for him as a gift from one of Chris' relatives. His next appointment is at 2 months old, so right around Thanksgiving.
As for me I am finally into a routine and I have adjusted to the new sleep pattern we have been forced into. I feel like we no longer have "bad days and nights" since he is sleeping so well. I have also lost all of my baby weight...well I lost just about all of it 2 weeks after I had Will and only had about 3 lbs left to go. Since I had a c-section I am unable to workout and am limited to how much I can carry and do. Of course I over do it every day with laundry and cleaning and carrying the car seat around...but I am a mom and still have a household to maintain. My last OB visit will be October 30th to make sure I am healing up and hopefully tell me when I can start working out again (although being a mom is workout enough it seems)! I plan on starting to take a whole lot more pictures of him now that we have a schedule and we are not sleep deprived. With Halloween right around the corner, I have lots of ideas for his little mini Halloween photo shoot. Hopefully I will have more photos for his 2 month post!
1 month old (10/20/12)
No comments:
Post a Comment