Talk about an adjustment! Now I know why I took my leave from work earlier...to catch up on sleep BEFORE the baby got here. I'm not sure how I've been managing, but I am exhausted! The first couple of days were very rough adjustung to this new lifestyle of mommy-hood. Being up at all hours of the day and night caring for a newborn while trying to get myself back on track. The emotional rollercoaster has been something I never have experienced before. Feeling like crying one minute and yelling at my husband for nothing the next. The only time my emotions keep it together is when I am dealing with the baby. I made the mistake of watching The Notebook on TV the other day...not recommended for someone who just had a baby...just sayin'. For the most part I feel like I have kept it together. It has been nice having my sister and mom around to help out and let me catch up on basic things like showering and brushing my teeth. My husband had to go back to work on Monday and that was hard because I wasn't ready to be by myself just yet and I felt like he was the only one who could make me feel better. My sister spent all day Monday and Tuesday hanging out with me. Mostly just keeping me company and taking care of the baby while I ate and showered. My mom spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday helping me out at home as well. She did so much for me. Not only did she make Chris and I tons of food (enough for the whole week) but she also took care of the baby so that I could sleep and catch up on things that needed to be done (like a load of the baby's laundry...already!). It was hard the first day back at home dealing with the after math of a c-section, but honestly, I would totally do that again with baby #2. Today was the first day that I started feeling like myself again. I was completely by myself today, just me and Will, and it was nice to get up and just start to get into the every day swing of things again. I was even able to start taking his newborn photos.
It has already been an unforgettable experience taking care of Will from the very beginning. I am so very lucky to be able to know what all this feels like, to have a baby and raise him. I look forward to many more days and even longer nights with this boy because even though it takes everything out of me the outcome is so worth it!
(1 week old)
No comments:
Post a Comment