Well it looks like this baby is way too comfortable in his mommy's belly. There is no sign of him arriving any time soon. I went to the doctor today and there has been no progress since my last 2 check ups. I am still only 50% effaced and he is only getting bigger inside of me. I am hardly sleeping at night with the horrible lower back and hip pain. And of course getting up every 1-2 hours to go to the bathroom doesn't help. Every time he moves in there I flinch because there is just no more room for this growing baby to grow. My doctor estimates that he will be AT LEAST a 9 to 9 and 1/2 lb baby, if not bigger. She said just looking at me she could tell I was having a big baby. I am glad that he is healthy and growing but it is killing me. The soonest they will induce labor is at 41 weeks (Sept. 28th) and I just don't think I can make it that long. If we switched to a different hospital for delivery, their policy would allow me to be induced at 39 weeks and so many days, which would be next week sometime, based on availability. I'm not sure how I feel about switching hospitals since we have always planned on delivering at a certain one. The doctor also scheduled another growth ultra sound for my next appointment, next week, to talk about c-sections. If he is weighing a certain weight then I may be able to schedule a c-section sooner. There are a few things the doctor wants to go over with me after the appointment, so unless I go into labor between now and next Tuesday everything will be determined off the ultra sound results.
I was pretty upset hearing all of this because I thought for sure he would be arriving very very soon or at least they would induce me at 40 weeks and 1 day, but the thought of having to possibly go to 41 weeks just made me cry. I am that uncomfortable. At least the pumpkin cheesecake shake I had after made me feel a little bit better :)
I am finished working from now until I return in January. That was one of the things my doctor asked me today and she was happy to hear that I am on leave already. She thinks it will help me feel a bit more comfortable resting up. I haven't been doing too much, mostly taking small naps and getting the house ready. My weight is still holding good, about 29-30 lbs total gain. Next week will be 40 weeks (Sept. 21) and I just pray this boy comes sooner rather than later. My next and final doctor's appointment is Sept. 18th and hopefully we will be scheduling a c-section for later in the week.
39 weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment