Wednesday, September 26, 2012

40 weeks

The light at the end of the tunnel is bright!! I finally made it to the end. The growth ultrasound showed that Will is measuring at 41 weeks and 5 days and weighing in at 9 lbs. The doctor says that ultrasounds can be around a 1/2 of a pound off but she thinks if that is the case he will weigh more and not less. After hearing this news Chris and I have both decided that a c-section will be our safest and easiest route to have the baby. I think that if he wasn't so big I would have no problem trying to have him vaginally. Chris and I were both big babies and my mother in law had complications with delivering Chris beacuse of his size and weight where as my mom did not have any complications. I just feel that it is what is best for me and Will. I have not effaced any more than last weeks visit and I have dilated at most 1/2 an inch, which can change. The baby has also not moved down any more than where we were at before and is still up a little higher than where we would like him to be. I have had contractions but nothing that has obviously made me have him. I feel like I have progressed as much as possible with his weight and size and my body has just about had enough. I am constantly in pain from my lower back and hips. Everytime he moves it hurts and I just feel bad for my son beacuse he just keeps growing and I cannot make any more room for him. We are just ready for him to be here! Thankfully the hospital had an opening and I will be having my c-section at 9am on thursday September 20th.

I'm swelling a bit more in my legs now that I am getting to the end of the pregnancy. Since I've been home for the most part I do about 1-2 things a day and then just rest and nap. I want to be rested and I usually end up being pretty exhausted by the afternoon. I have gained a total of 33 lbs so far and hopefully that will be all!

I cannot wait to meet my son in less than 48 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment