Tuesday, September 4, 2012

38 weeks

Almost there! I'm down to weekly appointments so I went to the doctor today for a growth ultra sound and check up. The ultra sound was ordered last week because the doctor was a bit concerned about the baby being so big and delivery. Today the ultra sound showed that he weighs 8 lbs so far and all his measurements are at 39-40 weeks. He is over all in the 83 percentile and based on his weight and measurements of the ultra sound, he has a due date of September 10th. My original due date is the 21st...I hope he comes before the 21st! I am also 50% effaced already and hopefully by next week he will either be here or be on his way here. I have also gained a total of 28 lbs. Our friend Mel had her baby girl on friday last week and it looks like my sister-in-law Kassie will be having a scheduled C-section this friday to deliver her baby girl. I am so excited for both of them!

I have been getting zero sleep at night. I'm better off taking about 10 naps in 24hrs instead of trying to sleep through the night. It has been very uncomfortable for sure! I have been cramping a lot and have had some contractions but nothing that is ending with me in labor. The hospital bags are packed, all the baby furniture and clothes are put together and the carseat is in the car...we just need our boy! My last day of work is this friday and I am looking forward to just sleeping and being at home resting up for the baby. His ultra sound picture just makes me want to grab those little cheeks and kiss them like crazy! Can't wait to meet him!

37 weeks

 
38 weeks (Kassie and me)
 
our baby boy


No comments:

Post a Comment