5 months old already...I feel like he was just born yesterday and I woke up and he's almost half a year old. It goes by WAY too fast and I hate that so much, but I LOVE to see him grow up and become this handsome little boy. There isn't a ton of new things to report for his 5th month update. He has been saying the letters "B" and "P" which is new for him. He started eating rice cereal 1-2 times per day. He is still mostly wearing 9 month clothes with some 12 month items in there. He is still wearing size 3 diapers. He has rolled over a couple of times but still isn't doing it regularly. He is sitting very well in his high chair when we feed him. He enjoys listening to kids type of music, we listen to it whenever we are in the car and at home during play time. He has been spending more time sleeping on his own verses us holding him while he sleeps. He has been sleeping more in his crib, pack and play as well as next to me on the couch. He is not sleeping in his crib at night like I would hope he would. He is however getting used to starting in his crib but he eventually moves over to our bed. Since I am the one that usually gets up with him at night I would prefer to get sleep over losing it right now, which is why he sleeps with us at night, but he is getting more comfortable with his crib. Sometimes it takes longer for some kids to get used to their crib than others. He enjoys being outside and also going anywhere in his baby carrier. He still does not have any teeth in yet, but he is still fisting and chewing on anything! I'm sure it will be any time now! He still is a very good sleeper and eater but lately he has been getting up once in the middle of the night to eat. It's usually for about 20 minutes or so and all he does is get a diaper change if needed and eats. He falls back to sleep while nursing and stays asleep until it's time to get up in the morning. He is still napping about 3 times daily, but his naps are getting a little bit shorter. He talks ALOT and plays ALOT. He is a very alert and active baby. He is approximately 18 lbs and just under 28 inches long. His biggest growth jump has been from 2-3 months. He is still in the 90th percentile for all of his weight and measurements.
I have already been planning his first birthday party. I am so very excited to put everything together for that and even though he won't remember a thing about it, I still want it to be just as special. I am adjusting pretty well to this whole parenthood thing. Going back to work has been hard of course for obvious reasons of miss my child and feel like I am missing out on everything. But also because I feel like my life never stops. I get up every day at about 445 and don't usually get to bed until about 10. I have my morning were I am just so exhausted but I just tell myself that life has so much more worth to it now that I have Will. I don't even remember what my life was like without him. I am almost ready to have another baby...almost!
No comments:
Post a Comment