The next morning he woke up on time, 6am, and we were off to a great start! Since we did most of the baking the day before all that was left to do was put food out. and clean up the back yard. We ended up having about 40-50 people here for the celebration. I know it sounds like a lot but it turned out to be just right. He didn't cry or get overwhelmed by everyone. When it came time to sing happy birthday and eat his cake he just stared at everyone. He didn't eat his cake because everyone was watching him, but the second I took him back inside and he was not the center of attention, he went to town on it! Shortly after he finished his cake he was ready for a nap. And with that came the end of the party. He slept for about 2 hours after that and when he work up he was ready to play with all of his new toys!
We had a great first birthday and of course, I am already thinking of what the theme will be for birthday number 2 :)


No comments:
Post a Comment