He has accomplished a lot since his last posting. He can know wave bye, shake his head no, started saying mom, can crawl up stairs, can stand on his own and can make motor boat noises with his mouth. He points, laughs when things are funny, and smiles the best smile I have ever seen. He is just learning new things everyday it seems! Although he isn't walking just yet, you can tell that he wants to. He moves from coffee table to couch easily, but I think he is still not quite brave enough.
He is fully wearing 18-24 month clothes. It was a little bitter sweet packing up his 12 month clothes because he had been wearing them the longest and because he just turned 1. I felt like I packed up the rest of the "baby stuff" when I packed that up. He is also fully eating regular table food. No baby food at all. His favorite foods are anything pasta, toast, peas, fruit of all kinds and waffles. He only takes 1 bottle at night with half formula and half whole milk. I've been trying to slowly transition him from a bottle to a sippy cup at night but so far it has been a bust. It's weird because he drinks from a sippy cup and a straw all day long. I think it's mostly a familiar, comforting way for him to ease into bed at night. He still sleeps 12 hours straight at night and has now gone from 2 naps down to 1. Although he only takes 1 nap it's still a decent size nap at around 2 hours on average. Sometimes even 3 hours! He loves being independent when he does everything. Eating, playing, and bathing. Mr. Independent! He loves playing in every part of this house. He can entertain himself very well which is nice when I am trying to get things ready for his bedtime. I am with this kid all the time during any free moment I have and I just love all of the playing and the time we spend together. He makes me laugh so hard when he plays! For instance he has noticed his penis in the bath and he just cracks up. He will look down at it, touch it and then look up at me and start laughing. Then he just goes about playing. He is weighing in at just under 23lbs and is 32 inches long. He has gone from a super chubby baby in the 95th percentile to a not as chubby baby in the 72nd percentile.
I am excited to see what this next year will bring us. I am sure we will have a crawler before you know it and he will be getting into more than he is now! But I can't wait for all the new things he will experience and learn.

No comments:
Post a Comment