Monday, August 19, 2013

11 Months Old

And so the count down to turning 1 begins. I swear I get teary eyed  every time I think about his upcoming birthday party. I am such a baby when it comes to my little baby growing up!

Once again we had a lot of new things happen this month with our little man. He got another tooth in, which makes the total count at 6. I hope for his sake, and for ours, that we get a little break before more teeth decide to make their way in. He was teething forever it seemed and I just felt so bad for him! Since going on our trip Will started to taste lots of new food and no longer wants his mom or dad to feed him. Mr. Independent is just that...independent. He wants to feed himself and since starting to do so he eats so good and so much food! He is pretty much all table food now and drinks mostly water all day. He will still take a 6-8 oz bottle at night before bed but that's pretty much it. I guess that's good considering he needs to be bottle free by 1 year old. While we were on our trip he also took his first fall off the bed. We were at a hotel so it wasn't a far fall. And the carpeting was pretty soft, however that did not stop him from crying for about 15-20 minutes before falling asleep. Of course I was a totally wreck as well. I had tried so hard to not let that happen and when it did I totally beat myself up over it. The next morning when he woke up he was good as new and not a mark or bump on him from it.

After we got home from our trip we moved into our new house. It took Will a little bit longer to get back into his schedule from traveling and then also adjusting to the new house and his new room. After a few weeks he was back to normal and loving all of the space for him to cruise around in and play. He has become a little speed racer crawling around this house! He loves playing and chasing Baxter around as well. They have become good buddies since moving into the new house. Lots of room to play equals endless days of chasing a dog around the house. The best part is the little giggles Will does while doing it. He is also on the verge of standing on his own. He can pull himself up to his knees and sometimes even his feet. Walking is right around the corner!  He also got his first stomach bug...or perhaps over eating. We aren't sure. But one night while Chris was putting Will to bed Will projectile vomited all over his bedroom door, wall and carpet. It took us a good week to get the smell out. I wasn't home at then time but it was still a little nerve racking trying to figure out if your kid is really sick or just some random vomit session. Anyways he seemed back to his normal self by the following day.

I have been planning for months for his birthday party and soon it will be here! I am just getting all of the final touches together before the big day. All of the décor is done and we are just finalizing all of the food. My in-laws will be here for the weekend to help out and enjoy the party. I still can't believe he is going to be a year old in a month...time sure flies!



No comments:

Post a Comment