Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year! Not much has changed with turning 16 months. Will officially walks 24/7. He is almost running sometimes too which is just crazy to me. I feel like this kid grows up over night sometimes! He loves to stack blocks when he plays. He also got a really cool teepee for Christmas and just loves playing in there. He has always enjoyed reading books before bed too and he just gets more and more excited about that as he gets older. His current favorite books are "The Monster at the End of This Book" and his baby Bible. His former favorites were "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and "Goodnight Moon". I think he still likes those books but we read them sooo much that he probably needed a break. He is down to 1 nap a day and will typically sleep anywhere between 1-2 and 1/2 hours depending on how late he sleeps in. He still goes to bed between 6-7 and wakes between 6-7. He LOVES going outside to play and would just be happy walking around holding a stick or two from a tree. His godmother, Nicole, brought over some outside toys for him to play with. He Just LOVES going down the slide of one of the toys she brought over but still prefers just holding a stick and hanging out. He is still eating the same and has actually opened up to trying some new foods. He never liked pizza before and now he does (I make him homemade pizza with pita bread) and he will try anything that we are eating...probably because he just wants what we are eating. He even tried blue cheese dressing the other day and he tried these homemade energy muffins I made. He liked them both...go figure! He is starting to also climb on things...which scares me a bit since we have a brick fireplace. He thinks its fun to climb on that but I am NOT a fan and tell him no. Of course he cries and throws a little fit but gets over it rather quickly. He is wearing 18-24 months still but is starting to fit into some 2T clothes as well. The only thing I do NOT like that he started doing is this screaming thing. High pitched and for no reason...Oh my gosh, can't wait for THAT to be over with!
Since I had today off we had a little mommy and son date. We first met my mom for breakfast and he just loved that. He ate some cereal, watermelon, mandarin oranges and pancakes. And watched Oswald on my phone of course. After breakfast we stopped at Barnes and Noble on the way home and he picked out 2 new books "Another Monster at the End of This Book" and "Brown Bear Brown Bear". Of course he would want the first one! Then later in the afternoon, after his lunch, we went to Santan Mall, which is an outdoors mall, and played at the kid play area. He had never been there before but really enjoyed it and he just loved seeing all the other kids there...I think he made a friend or too! After that we went to get a cupcake, but of course once we got it he was ready for a nap, so we took it to go and home we went! He is out cold while I write this blog post! Nothing beats mommy and son days...except for maybe mommy, daddy and son days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment